Sunday, March 18, 2012

R is for ....

Random ... my daughter is always telling me, 'Mom, that is so random.' What is random? Random: Having no specific pattern, purpose, or objective. Hmmm, I am pretty certain that I do have a specific pattern, purpose, or objective but sometimes those get twisted about like spaghetti on my plate! I find myself jumping from here to there and leaving plenty of unfinished business. So, beginning today, I am going to be less random!

Redeemed ... in church this morning, this blog post came to my head -- Redeemed: to buy or pay off; clear by payment; to recover by payment or other satisfaction; to exchange for money or goods. As we enter this Easter season, I am sorely reminded of how my Redeemer paid my debts by dying on the cross. And what can I do to repay that sacrifice -- live my life to His glory! To spin the words of Steven Curtis Chapman, 'As you do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you cause He made you to do every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face.'

Repent ... never a day goes by that I do not find myself asking God to forgive me for sins I have committed in word, thought and deed, knowingly or unknowingly. I am so thankful that He is a loving God and saves me by grace when I fall, even repeatedly. Life would not be the same without this personal relationship with the Father.

Reborn ... born or as if born again, esp in having undergone spiritual regeneration! Being reborn, a born-again Christian, has changed who I am forever. The day I realized I couldn't do it all alone and asked God to come into my heart was the best day of my life! I thank God for so many, many blessings -- even adversities because they make my relationship with Him stronger --- and I hope you, too, will find this same rejuvenating water of life!

No comments: